Tuesday, September 14, 2010

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

So as some of you may or may not know I just spent a week in the hospital. No photography allowed in the nut house but I did manage to write 3 somewhat decent poems which I will share with you now.

The Cemetery View

Like sands through the hourglass
Days are numbered for my sorry ass
The dull white walls begin to close in
I am stuck on the floor, held by a specimen pin
Like a freak in a sideshow display
Come watch me ruin my last given day
I've been through eight of my lives
In the ninth one only misery thrives
I am the undisputed queen of second chances
Those who pass by my cage cast me pitiful glances
I wait with muted hope for a last minute reprieve
It isn't granted they think I'll still lie and thieve
I lay pinned waiting for the final blow
The spectators crowd in for the morbid show
The end will be painful and slow
Line up my shards in a neat little row
The first cut will be the worst
I'll consider putting this plan in reverse
But each glistening shard begs for more
So I'll continue until my blood flows to the floor
At first the crowd will be mildly aghast
But they will remain until the cut that's last
They will stare at me in amazed wonder
As my life force seeps out, my skin ripped asunder
Before they leave they turn for a final look
You wouldn't believe it if it was written in a book
A fiction it would seem
As the bloody glass gleams
My final breath escapes
Against my back the cement floor scrapes
My time is over, the deed is done
Oh well, at least the crowd had fun


Deep Breath and a Smile

I thought I saw through your disguise
I thought I went deep into your eyes
Once again I have a foolish heart
There's more than destiny keeping us apart
I hope to see you soon, not in a while
In the meantime I'll take a deep breath and smile


Distance

I just want you to reach out and touch
I don't know why I want it so much
Your crossed arms and pulled down cap
Sting much worse than a harsh slap
I'm not looking for sex or for love
When you ignore me it feels like a shove
I'm only looking for a touch of friendliness
I shouldn't be mad as you're dealing with your own unhappiness
I merely wanted a comforting touch
I didn't think that was asking too much
I will leave you alone and let it be
I just hope that somehow you'll see
The hope and happiness you've brought to me
I hope this understanding won't make you flee
So I hope it's "see you later" and not "goodbye"
I hope when you realize you'll want to try
Take care of yourself my dear, brief friend
I'll wait patiently until the end


No comments:

Post a Comment